A femmominist blog friend sent me a questionnaire all about one of my (guilty) favorite topics: myself.
I’ll answer, and perhaps someone will send her 5 million
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:Mummy Musings the epic of mom The Informal Matriarch blue milk the kitchen table
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Leaving my first start-up company in Western MA to work for another in Boston.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Five snacks you enjoy
- dark chocolate with a jar of peanut butter. Sometimes in a dish with a spoon.
- olive bread
- Rosie’s recipe thumbprint cookies
- iced black tea with lemon
- a peeled grapefruit
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to
Years ago, the challenge would have been to name five songs I didn’t know the lyrics to. Still, I surprised some colleagues (and myself) at my kareoke debut in Tokyo last November. I am teaching myself the lyrics to “Tears Dry on their Own” by the tragically superbly-piped Amy Winehouse.
- The Distance, Cake
- Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
- From a Whisper to a Scream, Elvis Costello and the Attractions
- The Real End, Rickie Lee Jones
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas, US standard
Five things you would do if you were a millionnaire
- Give big gobs of money to organizations with feminist goals.
- Set up college funds for my nieces and nephews.
- Buy my mother a new home.
- Move to a progressive neighborhood.
- Run for political office with my own money.
Five bad habits
- Employing “scorched earth” techniques with the less than perfect.
- Being an openly resentful martyr.
- Caring what other people think.
- Falling in love with loud prints.
- Picking at schmutz on my toddler like a mama chimp.
Five things you like to do
- Sing and Dance!
- Cook for friends.
- Go to the sea.
Five things you would never wear again
Oh, this is a tough one. Most of my fashion influence came early vis-a-vis my aunt’s issues of Glamour in the mid ’70s.
- Pegged pants.
- Buccaneer blouses.
- Dayglo socks
- Big horizontal stripes
- Feather earrings and Fair Isle sweaters, together – but only for health reasons. I’m such a closet “Glamour Don’t.
Five favourite toys
- My digital camera
- sketchbooks and micron pens
- the cd player/sunroof in my car
- my magnum peppermill
- my little red nano, though I think it could get higher up the list if I used it more often.
Five people I’m tagging (who I think may be good humoured enough to comply and who if they do, will come up with interesting and/or witty things to say) :
And here is where I’m stumped. I’ll update with 5 cool people who may not have been tagged yet.