I make this for myself when I get under the weather, esp in the winter months.
- 2 qt water or vegetable broth
- handful of shredded carrot
- handful of winter greens (collards, kale, mustard)
- salt and 12 black peppercorns
- 1/2 of a ginger root, sliced thinly
- one whole lemon
- 1 clove garlic per serving
Heat first five ingredients together in a saucepan. Squeeze juice of lemon into brothy mixture, then toss in both lemon halves. Bring to a boil. Pour broth and veggies into a mug, then add a freshly grated garlic clove (I use a metal ginger grater) into the mug. Drink up, and feel better.